Taking care of your aquarium can be truly fascinating. From the outside, it might seem boring for people who do not understand it. However, you know very well how exciting it is to notice all the changes. Your fish are growing, your plants are more beautiful than ever, and you just bought a new background that makes everything look amazing. Sounds familiar, right?
However,it is impossible to have a great fish tank if you do not use the proper heater, pump, or filter. Each one of them is suitable for a different tank size, different fish and so on. Most people who have a fish tank have problems finding a good air pump. Often they do not really understand how it works or why they should use it.
Here are some of the best air pumps on the market:
- Hydro Koralia Nano 240 Aquarium Circulation Pump 240 GPH: This is considered to be one of the best pumps on the market and for a very good reason. Have you noticed how a water pump can create strong waves in the aquarium? The visual effect might be nice, but it can be very disturbing for small fish and sensitive plants. With this pump you will not have this problem. The timer allows you to control when and the duration of waves in your water. In this way you can be sure that everything will go smoothly. Another big advantage is the compact shape that will be unnoticed in your aquarium. No one wants to see a huge, black pump on the wall of the aquarium because it can destroy all the visual effect. Since it is such an advanced pump, it has incredibly low energy consumption. A great investment for your fish tank!
- VicTsing 80 GPH Submersible Pump:If you have a small tank with sensitive fish, you want a pump that will not cause any problems. This submersible pump is so small that you can easily hide it anywhere in the tank. Besides, it is incredibly quiet, so you can place the tank in your bedroom without disturbing your sleep. It is extremely versatile due to the adjustable water flow. As a bonus, this pump is also very easy to clean; you do not have to use complicated tools to remove a few pieces. Place it under the water flow in your sink and that will be enough. It is small, cheap, silent, and it does the job—what more can you want?
- Danner Supreme Aqua-Mag Water Pump: If you are searching for a pump that is very easy to use, this should be your choice. Sometimes, you may not have the time to be there to adjust the water flow or the intensity. For these moments, this accessory is amazing. It can work for years, since it is extremely high quality, and it will not effect the temperature of the water. Besides, since it is so small and simple, it is very quiet and easy to hide. Place it on the wall of the aquarium, behind a tall plant, and no one will even know that it is there. As a surprise, it does not have an incredible price. You can afford it even if your budget is not that high. Go ahead and try it!
- Little Giant-Inline Pump:As the name suggests, this pump is bigger than usual, but much stronger. It is one of the most expensive and luxurious pumps on the market and it is suitable for big, crowded aquariums. Now, you might think that it is not worth the money, but you are wrong. This pump is designed to handle any corrosive chemicals that might be in the water, like sea salt. Thermally protected by a special material, it will not change the temperature of the water. Even more, you can adapt the flow rates according to the environment that you want to create. For a great aquarium, you need a great pump and this is it!
- Aqua Apex Submersible Pump:Do you want to buy a pump, but you are not sure if you want to place it on the outside or under the water? Then this is a good choice for you because Aqua Apex pump can be used in any way. It is very small and silent; so you do not have to worry that a powerful water flow will destroy your plants. It is extremely easy to clean, and all you have to do is to change the internal filter of the pump. Other than this, it will do the job by itself!
We think you may be interested in: Best Pond Pump
It does not matter if you have a small tank with two fish or a luxurious aquarium. Choosing a pump is one of the most important decisions that you have to make. It does not matter how much care you provide or how many times you clean the water; without a good pump, everything is in vain.